Life after College

Posted in: Labels: , , , - 0 comments
             I did it! I graduated this past May 19. I can't say that college was easy, but I can say that I loved it! I may not have loved studying for finals, tests, reading books that I lacked interest in, or staying up until 4AM when I got off work at 12AM to finish my last college paper, but to me Calvin was so rewarding. I enjoyed learning about so many things, my liberal arts education at Calvin allowed me to study advocacy, finance, and international relations as well as my ability to study in Washington DC and in Europe. Even my religion class on Paul's letters has come in handy with Sunday Sermons. These past four years of Calvin I have often been asked what my plan was after Calvin, for just about all 4 years I was like I have no idea, good thing I still have more time at Calvin. 
           My last few weeks of Senior year I was busy, writing papers, interning, waitressing, and stressing out about the future. My mom spent much time telling me that this was God testing my patience, many of you realize that I have little to none of that. I have been blessed though, God has shown his desire for me to stay in the Grand Rapids area, and I have been greatly blessed with a job at my internship. I am the new Finance and Event Coordinator there. It is going to be a great summer and election cycle and I am excited to what this job has in store for me.
           I realized how blessed I am just the other day when someone asked me when I graduation and I responded May 19, and they asked if I was searching for a job and I replied that I had just started a great new job. They looked shocked, and asked me if I had realized how lucky I was. Many college students are struggling to find work, and in baseball terms he told me I was batting 1000%. I smiled. God has truly been good to me.
          Not only have I been blessed with a job, I was blessed to have my family come up for graduation weekend. My mom, brother, grandparents and my lovely dearest friends, Carrie and Breanna, came up to celebrate with me. As well as the week I graduated I made it to Detroit to catch the Tigers play my beloved Minnesota Twins. The Twins won 11-7, needless to say I was 1 of 11 fans who left comerica park happy.

 Carrie, Breanna and I at Lake Michigan
 My mom and I at the lake
 Me and Aaron at Calvin
 My family!
 My grandparents even came up to watch :) Even though I didn't graduate from Dordt :) Love you both!
 Mom and Me 

My Girls :) It was our 3rd graduation picture together. I thank you deeply for our friendship.
Much love from Michigan and God Bless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Life Beyond South Dakota All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger .

Design by themetraffic. Blogger Template by Anshul | Funny Pictures.