The School year has been in full zoom for a couple of weeks now. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday Mornings I intern at the Kent County GOP. Which is like the where I interned in DC, but on a smaller scale. We focus more on local Grand Rapids Issue and Michigan Issue than National ones. So far it has been a great experience. After I intern I drive straight home grab my books and hop on my bike for the short half-mile bike ride. After class changes day by day some days i head straight home, others I have committee meetings for the Off-Campus Programs committee I am on.The committee deals with programs like the one I was on in DC and Abroad ones as well. Other days I stay to work on homework or bike home quickly and head to work. A couple of weeks ago I took a job as a waitress for a catering company, I really like it and i work anywhere from 1-3 nights a week. I love the events i get to attend by working at them, but I am still there. Maybe one day if I am lucky I will be successful enough to receive my own invite. On my free nights homework usually keeps me fairly busy, but I like it that way.
Its wierd to think that this is my last year at Calvin, I have spent the last three years here and it has become my home. But in eight short months I will be done and opening up a new chapter of my life. One in which I have to pay my own bills, and make decisions that affect my whole life- such as where to work. As many of you know, I am not to afraid to take a chance and try something new- for example attend Calvin College instead of somewhere closer than 900 miles from South Dakota. So i ask for your prayers and guidance of where to take my next step in life. I have been very blessed with a supportive family, my mother will come visit whereever I live. We can find great shopping centers everywhere :) No matter where I go, I will always be grateful for that first big risk I took to attend Calvin and step out on my own two feet.

Kelly, Me and Karyn went apple picking :) Gotta Rock plaid for the homeland :)
The Big House really is big. On days that there are games Michigan's stadium becomes the 5th most populated area in Michigan.
Ps. I heard this really great quote the other day, I thought i would share it.
"Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go. Our own background and circumstances may influence who we are, but we are responsible for who we become."
Sending my Love from Michigan. God Bless
0 comments:
Post a Comment