As you can see, they blocked off a complete road with the snow.
Due the the small amount of slush DC had on wednesday it took a coworker of mine 7hrs to get home from a normal 1hr commute. Yikes.
I have been busy working on paying some bills at work, and making sure everything balances. Who knew that the thing that tortured me in my accounting class would come to haunt me again? haha On Wednesday, the RNC had all the bigwigs in to talk budget issues, so it was interesting to see that happen. I also happened to meet the father of Julianne and Derek Hough, which was pretty cool. Apparently he is like the person to meet when he is in the office.
On Tuesday the city was pretty shut down for the State of the Union address, there were Capital Hill Police everywhere, many blockages, and no parking spots anywhere near the capital. Lucky for me I walk to work :)
This red cars are what the Capital Hill Police drive around in. They also have normal cars, but this picture is from the morning before the "snowstorm".
This is a picture of my apartment building, its pretty sweet.
This is a picture of the capital on the night of the State of the Union Address.




1 comments:
Cool Jenna. I know all the places you talk about from our trip there. We stayed 2 blocks from Union Station and it was great. Loved the metro. They don't know what SNOW is like:)
Take care! Carlene
Post a Comment